A day in my life: First time in a movie theatre!

Hey all, Welcome to my new blog! It's been a long time since I have been here. There were end sem exams and a lot of things have happened from my last blog to this one and now that I have got a little free time, I will try to write as many blogs as I can as I have a lot to share with you all. 

Today something special happened in my life that I just wanted to document here. 

Yess!! You read it right! I went to the movie theatre for the first time in my twenty years of life on earth. Today was that auspicious day where I got to experience this moment in my life that for most people is quite common. I myself don't know the exact reason why it took me twenty long years to go to a movie theatre and watch a movie. It felt like a long-time dream come true. These are the firsts of many. It was my 3rd or 4th time in a Mall too. I clearly and vividly remember how my 'first-time mall' experience was back in 2017 when I was in 9th Standard. I and my dear friend had gone to Mantri Square mall here in Bengaluru to attend my other dear friend's singing competition held by Radio City 91.9. She had invited us and I had been there and that too felt like a dream walking in there. I don't know if others also feel the same for the first time but always the first time of anything is special and memorable. 

I realized the fact that I have not been to a theatre even once in the tenth standard probably when my friends were talking about a new movie that they saw in the theatres. After that, I asked my mother why I was not taken to the movie theatre like other kids. She said that she and my father thought that my brother and I were too young back then to take us to movie theatres so they thought they would do so when we are a little grown up and that never happened. Oh, by the way, even my brother had his first theatre experience when he was doing his first year of engineering back in 2016 with his friend where he had watched 'Kirik party' a famous Kannada movie that's about college life. After that, I started pestering everyone at home to take me also to the theatre to watch a movie but it kept on getting postponed due to exams and various other reasons.

It usually happens so that when we run behind something that we want, we may not get it. Maybe it's not the right time and the universe knows when it has to give that precious thing to us. The same thing happened to me in this case. Yesterday I came back from dance class and I was just scrolling Instagram and seeing everyone going to the new movie that had just been released 2 days back made me feel a little sad as how I cannot go and enjoy it like others. But I didn't let that sorrow to get in me and asked my brother if we can go and when he agreed, we booked tickets the very next moment and everything happened so suddenly and instantaneously that I couldn't believe it was made so easy and such a type of plan execution took me twenty long years!! Haha :)

Don't worry, I am not here to give spoilers. I will just share my first experience being in a movie theatre. Do watch it in your nearest theatres and enjoy!
The day finally arrived when I was actually in the mall waiting to enter the theatre hall. That dark atmosphere, big screen, huge characters in front of my face, and the loud sound were something different. I went and sat in my comfortable seat that was designated to me and that cold AC made me nauseous for a moment but I was trying to be okay. I had been to Nehru Planetarium in 9th standard and there was a show where they off lights and our seats are stretched and we get to see the stars and galaxy above us and that was breathtaking that I still remember and I felt exactly like that when the lights went off and the movie started after so many advertisements and trailer displays of upcoming movies.
I am not used to loud sounds and those sounds made me uncomfortable in the first half of the movie and I got a bad headache. Due to that sound, our seats were all vibrating and I felt like sitting on a rocking chair for a moment. I thought that people sitting behind me were doing that and I even turned back many times and tried to see who was doing that and got irritated but then I got to know what was happening and slowly I got used to it. The second half of the movie was a little better as my body and mind had become familiar with this new and strange experience of seeing a movie on a big screen. I noticed that there were several people in the theatre who were just munching on something or other till the end as if they have come there to eat and not to watch a movie peacefully and with full concentration. Finally, when the movie ended, I felt as if I was getting up from a good nap though I hadn't taken a nap. Those stretchings were so calming and pleasing. Definitely, it was a good experience and now I look up to watching movies in theatres as I have experienced that thrill and that specialness of watching it on a big screen.

The movie: KGF-2 was just brilliant. It's like a feather of success to our Kannada Film Industry. It's rightly declared as the pride of KFI and pride of fandom. Rich cinematography, excellent plot, amazing cast, meaningful dialogues, catchy oneliners, and what I loved the most was the story narration/Storytelling. It is the winning factor for the movie. I agree that there was a lot of violence in the movie but when the story demands that, it has to be seen and appreciated. Yash's acting, dialogue delivery, style, and costumes were all highly appreciable and commendable. Overall it was an amazing movie and an enthralling experience. A must-watch for sure!! A huge kudos to everyone who has worked for it. I loved it and I couldn't ask for more for my first movie theatre experience. It will be memorable for sure because always 'firsts' are special:)

That's it for now. I leave you here with my experience and also if you remember your first movie theatre experience, do share it in the comments below and let me know how was this blog and my short and sweet movie review without any spoilers.

If you have liked my blog, feel free to share it with your friends and family, and also check out my other blogs too, if you haven't already.

Follow and subscribe to my blog page to get updates when I publish a new blog.

Thank you for reading it till here taking out your precious time.


Until next time, take care.


Bye:) 











Comments

  1. I think my first movie i guess Krishna Ganesh movie wn i wnt my bro marriage cousin taken go i think I'm in primary school it was a good experience i think don't remember properly

    Super putti blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, so nice. Happy to hear that ! Thank you so much:)

      Delete
  2. Loved it! I'm so happy that you you could finally go to the theatres. It's true that sometimes we don't get to do what we wish to do. But why I'm actually proud of you is because you are so open about saying that you did something for the first time that is so common for most of the other people. There might be opinions like why make it a big matter! Or why did it take so long for you to go? After reading your blog i for sure know that you wouldn't get affected by it and you shouldn't. I hope you have enjoyed your experience in the theatre. And i hope we all also go to a film soon in the theatres. Would love to get accompanied by you. Loved your blog! Good job. I'm proud of you😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! Your words made my day. Yes, I don't hold myself back thinking what people would say cause it's my journey and everything is memorable accountable to me. Sure, I would love to go out for a movie with you. Let's do it asap!!! Thanks a lot for making my day more happier:)

      Delete
  3. This is the very 1st blog which i read of yours' . I love the way you express it. Absolutely felt the joy you experienced. Im happy for you experiencing something new which you were wanted to do for a long time 🥳.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaay! Thank you so much. Happy that you read my blog for the first time and could resonate with me . I have written a few blogs till now and please do check those out and read it if you are interested. Thanks:)

      Delete
  4. Good one Shambhavi.. Glad that ur first theatre experience was the pride of Indian cinema... Do watch many more movies n let's try to watch some together the next time😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and yes let us watch a movie together:)

      Delete
  5. You have penned your first experience really wonderfully!
    I appreciate your openness!
    And yea...may you get to watch more movies..and may we get to read more of your blogs and movie reviews..hahah...
    Great work🙌

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He he, Thank you so much. I will try my level best to write more:)

      Delete
  6. Finally!!! Happy to hear your first experience in a theatre. When you are watching Rocky Bhai on screen, seat must be rocking(lol). And every FIRST experience are the best! Mine was ಹುಡುಗರು movie, that wasn't in any PVR cinemas with AC and all, watched it in a Nanjanagud town theatre(didnt remember the name of that theatre). Whenever I ask my parents the same question why they didn't take us to the theatre, they'll say anyhow it'll be telecasted in the Television. But my father used to go to talkies because they didn't have TV in the home before marriage , rules and regulations changes according to time :)
    And yes, for me watching a movie in PVR cinemas is still a dream. Hoping that it'll happen soon!
    And yeah... shopping or visiting malls is still a dream for many middle class people :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I am still laughing hard after reading your first sentence. Thank you for sharing your experience and I hope and wish that your dream to become a reality soon! I agree - Malls and window shopping goes hand in hand for middle class people:)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts