Anecdotes from the past

Hey all! Welcome to my blog. It's the first blog for the year 2022 and writing one blog a month is my new resolution for this year. Hope it goes well and I will keep up with my consistency. With a strong belief that everyone are doing well in this unending covid situation, I would like to start this blog.

Writing for me is something that I can't force. Only the situation or a particular thought instigates me to write though I write daily, it will be mostly in my journal. Today is one such day where my past memories were awakened when I was speaking casually on phone with one of my best friend.
When I just recall all that has happened in my childhood, it really makes me smile and gives me a sense of amusement. We all had that innocence, pure heart, and smile on our faces when we were toddlers. As you read through this blog, go back to your childhood memories and relish some interesting anecdotes and smile and enjoy the happiness you get from it, because the busy lifestyle that we are in now, keeps our brain occupied with some or the other work all the time. You will be astonished to process the fact that we won't give any rest to our thoughts and be on our mobiles, laptops, and social media all the time. It's a fact that we as people of this generation already know but are reluctant to get away from it.

I was a kid who didn't know the traditional method of school learning until I was a 5th-grade student. I didn't study LKG, UKG(Nursery) but I studied in the Montessori education system from the time when I was a little girl of 2 and half years to my 4th standard. It is a unique education system that was developed by physician Maria Montessori. I vividly remember those days and cherish them. What an amazing way of learning it was! It focused mainly on practical skills. We didn't have any formal exams as far as I could remember. If a teacher has to teach something she would announce it as the 'Presentation time'. We, a group or 5/6 kids would run and put mats on the floor where we would sit in a big circle and listen to whatever she taught us. A fun fact: We would call our teachers as 'Aunty' and not as ma'am. Weird right? I got to know it's weird only after I came to this normal world where I saw children of my age addressed teachers as 'Ma'am'. We also had sections as 'Mallige', 'Sampige', and other unique names rather than section 'A' or 'B'. I had a few friends and we would enjoy so much. We had 'Open day' which was a kind of exhibition where we were made into groups and allowed to explain certain concepts by making small models, charts, demo experiments, and all the parents would be our audience. We would set it up as a stall and explain the whole day when each parent came near our place. That was something we enjoyed so much as we got to learn the presentation skills and even have fun in the middle.
There is a lot more to share about this anecdote from the past but to keep it short, I will put a break here as I might even do a series of blog on this too. What do you all say? Should I do? A yes/ No?
Comment down below.

One thing that I realised was that we have so many memories and events from our past that are hidden deep down in our memory lane. We won't even know such memories even exist in the first place, but they unveil themselves when the situation comes up and the thought is triggered. Isn't that true? Let me know in the comment section below and also feel free to share any interesting anecdote from your past! Hence, I leave you here with this thought, and I hope you all enjoyed reading this blog. If yes, please send it to your friends, family, and colleagues and start a conversation.
Also, do not forget to subscribe to my blog page if you are new here. You will get an update about my new blog that I publish every time :)

Thank you for reading it till here taking out your precious time.

Stay home and stay safe with your family.


Until next time, take care.


Bye:)



Comments

  1. Ahhh! Such beautiful anecdotes! It was a bliss to read the entire thing.
    I really did remembered my childhood and my schooling while I read. Beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad:) and thank you so much for reading it!

      Delete
  2. Amazing... I just felt so relaxed after reading this in the early morning hours... My mind literally is filled with many sweet memories of my child hood.. Thanks a lot.. Keep writingg:-):-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy that you remembered your sweet memories:) Thank you!

      Delete
  3. A joyful trip back! Wonderful storytelling πŸ’—πŸ‘ŒπŸΌ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for you appreciation! It means a lot:)

      Delete
  4. Yes we wanna hear the series.
    And yeah, You reminded of our childhood kathe, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will surely make a series and I am glad to hear that:) Thank you!

      Delete
  5. Even I studied Montessori. After reading this entire thing I feel so good . My childhood memories and everything.
    It was amazingπŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! I am happy that it kindled your amazing memories. Thank you:)

      Delete
  6. Very true: some very good memories are hidden deep in our minds.
    And, yes, I a blog series is a nice idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaay! I will surely make a series on this. Thank you so much:)

      Delete
  7. Beautifully written, felt happy after reading this and it reminded me of my childhood as well ❤πŸ‘πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heart touching narration dear... childhood memories like an asset to everyone...😍😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, so true! I am glad you enjoyed reading the blog. Thank you so much for your appreciation:)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts